FG suspends 100 passports of passengers who refused to take second test of Covid-19 on arrival

The Federal Government has suspended the passports of 100 in-bound airline passengers who failed to take the second test of Covid-19 after arriving in the country.

Mr Boss Mustapha, Chairman, Presidential Task Force (PTF) on Covid-19, disclosed this at the national briefing on Tuesday, in Abuja.

Mustapha, also, the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), said that the names of the passengers would be published on Jan. 1, 2021, while the suspension of the passports would last for six months.

“With effect from Jan. 1, 2021, passports of the first 100 passengers, who failed to take their day-seven post-arrival polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test, would be published in the national dailies,” he said.

The SGF lamented the difficulties experienced in the national response, noting,”​Our National Response is passing through a challenging phase due to the seriousness of the second wave of infections in Nigeria.

”Week 52 has so far given us the highest number of infections in a single week to date. Our analysis shows that 16 out of every 100 tests carried out are positive.

”We are also seeing increasing transmission among younger people and this is not considered good and safe. We must, therefore, exercise utmost restraint by taking responsibility,” he said.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post