Fire guts three-storey building in Anambra

A three- storey residential building was on Tuesday gutted by fire in Umuoji street by old road, Nkpor, Anambra State.

The fire, which affected the topmost floor of the building located close to a hospital, was reportedly caused by electrical fault.

The Nation gathered that no death was recorded in the incident but property worth millions were gutted in the inferno.

The Chief fire fighter in the state, Engr. Martin Agbili, confirmed the incident, saying no casualty was recorded.

He said his men were on ground to put out the fire from escalating to other floors.

“The fire was caused by power surge. My men arrived the scene almost immediately and were able to contain the fire,” he added.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post